32 Pearls is your top choice for root canal treatment in University Place and Seattle. Come in for the best dental care available and experience the benefits of working with a leader in the field of oral healthcare.
A root canal is a dental treatment to save an infected or severely decayed tooth. When the inside of a tooth, known as the pulp, becomes infected or inflamed, it can cause pain and discomfort. A root canal removes the infected or inflamed pulp and prevents further damage to the tooth and surrounding tissues.
Root canal treatments remove infected and damaged nerves from your teeth. The procedure is usually performed to treat pain caused by an infected tooth or after a cavity has been filled, but it can also be used to treat abscesses and other dental problems. If you are considering having a root canal, don’t fear it because it will alleviate your pain and improve your smile!
32 Pearls Dentistry is the best root canal therapy provider near University Place. Our team will explain the procedure, answer any questions, and let you know what to expect on the day of your procedure.
Stress-Free Root Canal Treatment
At 32 Pearls, we make root canal treatment safe and stress-free. We understand that you may feel anxious about the treatment. Our team will do everything to make you comfortable during your visit.
When a tooth is injured, the damaged tissue may become infected with bacteria from your mouth. If this happens, the damaged nerve cells must be removed and replaced with plastic filling material to seal off the opening so bacteria cannot enter again.
A root canal is a procedure to remove infected tissue inside a tooth’s root, or the main part under your gums. The root canal is the opening in the middle of each tooth that leads to an area called the pulp chamber. The pulp chamber is made up of nerves and blood vessels.
The pulp is made up of nerves and blood vessels. The soft tissue in your tooth can become inflamed, causing pain. When you have an infected tooth, your dentist will perform a root canal treatment to remove everything inside the tooth (so it’s empty) and ready for a filling or crown.
Overall, a root canal is a common and effective dental procedure that can help save a damaged or infected tooth and prevent the need for extraction.
Here are the steps involved in a typical root canal procedure:
- Numbing the area: The dentist will first numb the area around the tooth to be treated using local anesthesia. This will help ensure that the patient is comfortable and doesn’t feel any pain during the procedure.
- Creating an opening: Once the area is numb, the dentist will create a small opening in the top of the tooth to access the pulp chamber and root canals.
- Removing the pulp: The dentist will carefully remove the infected or inflamed pulp from the pulp chamber and root canals using specialized tools. The root canals will then be cleaned and shaped to prepare them for filling.
- Filling the canals: The dentist will fill the cleaned root canals with a special material, usually a rubber-like substance called gutta-percha. This will help seal the canals and prevent further infection.
- Sealing the opening: Once the canals are filled, the dentist will seal the opening in the top of the tooth with a temporary filling.
- Adding a permanent restoration: In most cases, a tooth that has had a root canal will also need a permanent restoration, such as a dental crown or filling, to protect and strengthen it.
How do you know if you need a root canal?
- Pain or discomfort while chewing
- Pain or discomfort while brushing
- Sensitivity to hot or cold foods or drinks
- An ignored cracked tooth, broken tooth or a chipped tooth
- Swollen, inflamed or tender gums
- Dark color in or around gums
- Itchy or pimple-like areas around gums
At 32 Pearls, we offer straight talk and custom smiles.
Do you have a problem with missing teeth? Or do you just want to talk to someone about cosmetic dentistry? Come chat with our friendly staff here at 32 Pearls, where we provide all sorts of dental services, including: Root Canals, Invisalign®, veneers and implants.
If you are looking for a Seattle and Tacoma dentist, look no farther than 32 Pearls! We offer dental restoration and cosmetic services that help straighten your teeth quickly and with little discomfort. Our patients come from all over the area, including Seattle, Tacoma, University Place and beyond. Come visit one of our fantastic locations to receive dental treatment or cosmetic dentistry services that will transform your smile into something special.
See more of our many dental services.