We’ve all heard that reducing or quitting coffee will minimize the discolorization of our teeth. But did you know that there are natural teeth whitening agents in the everyday food that you eat? Take a bite out of these delicious foods that will keep you smiling brightly and reduce your teeth whitening cost.
- Milk and Dairy- Calcium keeps teeth strong. Lactic acid also does the trick, which assists in teeth’s overall health.
- Strawberries- Malic acid is the primary part of these delicious berries that actually scrub your teeth with the aid of those tiny seeds. Strawberries also remove discoloration and will keep those teeth white.
- Onions- When eaten raw, the sulfur compounds in these ground veggies fight plaque instantly. However, no one will kiss you for several days.
- Apples- The water in apples will increase overall saliva production. Apples are so healthy that they literally brush and wash away bacteria and reduce dry-mouth.
- Carrots- Carrots also carry lots of water, and the crunchy carrot is another excellent way to brush your teeth and help remove bits of old food that could be stuck in your teeth. Munching on these high levels of beta-carotene, vitamin A and B6 will naturally beat any teeth bleaching agent.
- Celery-Another fantastic carrier of water and antioxidants this inflammatory veggie is great for your gums. Celery is an alkalizer which also promotes a healthy smile by regulating acid.
- Hard Cheese- Like milk, cheese contains calcium, which is a teeth strengthener. Cheese also contains casein. A by-product of dairy that is known to achieve the reduction of tooth enamel from mineral loss.
- Broccoli- You can never go wrong with broccoli. The high fiber content is a great way to combat tooth decay. Broccoli brushes your teeth and is a great DIY teeth whitening secret.
- Water- Drinking plenty of water will always wash your mouth out, especially if you are drinking coffee or wine. Swishing it in between hard and soft drinks will wash away discoloration.
- Oranges- Citric acid in oranges, especially the orange peel itself is a natural dental cleanser. It also acts as an acid reducer that will keep bacteria away and keep your gums clean.
- Baking Soda- This mineral from salt brushes off plaque build-up and acts as a natural breath freshener. It also bleaches your teeth naturally. Mix baking soda with orange peel for a refreshing break from toothpaste.
- Pears- Another great acid reducer for healthy gums, and are also full of water, eat a pear that will act as an organic mouth-wash.
- Almonds, Pecans, and cashews- The course and grinding properties of these snacks help aid stains and are so rich in antioxidants that they can fight gum disease.
- Pineapples- Known for immune system support and digestion aid, pineapples keep your mouth cleaner because they restore your entire digestion system leaving your mouth and teeth fresh and clean.
Do you know that our Cosmetic Bonding process uses special blue light or laser that affixes a tooth-colored composite resin coating to your teeth, making them look whiter? Call us for an appointment now at 32 Pearls Tacoma (253)-564-7911 and 32 Pearls Seattle (206)-322-8862.